Floyd Weckerly, Ph.D
- Statistics and Experimental Design I (BIO 5405)
- Statistics and Experimental Design II (BIO 5406)
- Conservation and Natural History of Large Mammals (BIO 7324)
My research examines individual and population response to environmental heterogeneity. Most of my work has been with vertebrate species, primarily large herbivores. Many of the studies I conduct provide information useful to conserving and managing populations, communities and ecosystems.
- Peterson, L. M., and F. W. Weckerly. 2019. Social behavior and changes in foraging behavior in a gregarious ungulate. Journal of Mammalogy 100: In Press.
- Tolliver, J. D. M., A. A. Moore, M. C. Green, and F. W. Weckerly. 2019. Coastal Texas black rail population states and survey effort. Journal of Wildlife Management 83:In Press.
- Weckerly, F. W., G. Bhaskar, A. Duarte, R. S. Luna, and H. D. Starns. 2018. Heavier rumen-reticulum organs in white-tailed deer is consistent with dietary bulk not quality. Canadian Journal of Zoology 96:748-752.
- Peterson, L. M., and F. W. Weckerly. 2017. Male group size, female distribution and changes in sexual segregation by Roosevelt elk. Plos One 12:e0187829.
- Mali, I., F. W. Weckerly, T. R. Simpson, and M. R. J. Forstner. 2016. Small Scale–High Resolution Terrestrial Activity of Trachemys scripta elegans, Harvest Intensity, and Immediate Movement Responses Following Harvest Events. Copeia 104:667-682.
- Duarte, A., F. W. Weckerly, M. Schaub, and J. S. Hatfield. 2016. Estimating golden-cheeked warbler immigration: implications for the spatial scale of conservation. Animal Conservation 19:65-74.
- Duarte, A., J. S. Hatfield, J. D. Nichols, T. M. Swannack, M. R. J. Forstner, M. C. Green, and F. W. Weckerly. 2016. Simulating range-wide population and breeding habitat dynamics for an endangered woodland warbler in the face of uncertainty. Ecological Modeling 320:52-61.
- Starns, H. D., A. Duarte, M. A. Ricca, and F. W. Weckerly. 2014. Climatic and density influences on recruitment in an irruptive population of Roosevelt elk. Journal of Mammalogy 95:925-932.
- Ricca, M. A., Van Vuren, D. F. W. Weckerly, K. Miles, and J. Williams. 2014. Irruptive dynamics of introduced caribou on Adak Island, Alaska: an evaluation of Riney-Caughley model predictions. Ecoshere 5:a94
- Parra, C. A., A. Duarte, R. S. Luna, D. M. Wolcott, and F. W. Weckerly. 2014. Body weight, age, and reproductive influences on liver weight of white-tailed deer. Canadian Journal of Zoology 92: 273-278.
- Weckerly, F. W. 2013. Conspecific body weight, food intake, and rumination time affect food processing and forage behavior. Journal of Mammalogy 94:120-126.
Please see faculty member’s CV or website for a complete list of publications and additional information.