Camila Carlos-Shanley, Ph.D.
List coming soon.
Microbial ecology, microbial communities, host-associated microbiomes
1. Carlos C, Huan F, Currie CR. (2018). Substrate shift reveals roles for members of bacterial consortia in lignocellulose degradation. Frontier in Microbiology 9:364.
2. Pereira LB, Palermo BRZ, Carlos C, Ottoboni LMM. (2017). Diversity and antibacterial activity of the bacterial communities associated with Brazilian coral species. FEMS Microbiology Letters 364: fnx164.
3. Gontang EA, Aylward FO, Carlos C, del Rio TG, Chovatia M, Fern A, Lo CC, Malfatti SA, Tringe SG, Currie CR, Kolter R. (2017). Major shifts in microbial diversity and community composition across gut sections of a tropical cockroach. PLoS ONE 12: e0177189.
4. Carlos C, Pereira LB, Ottoboni LMM. (2016). Comparative genomics of Paracoccus sp. SM22M-07 isolated from coral mucus: Insights into bacteria-host interactions. Current Genetics 63:509-518.
5. Lewin GR, Carlos C, Chevrette MG, Horn HA, McDonald BM, Stankey RJ, Fox BG, et al. (2016). Evolution and ecology of Actinobacteria and their bioenergy applications. Annual Review of Microbiology 70:235-254.
6. Carlos C, Castro DBA, Ottoboni LMM. (2014). Comparative metagenomic analysis of coral microbial communities using a reference–independent approach. PLoS ONE 9: e111626.
7. Carlos C, Torres TT, Ottoboni LMM. (2013). Bacterial communities and species-specific associations with the mucus of Brazilian coral species. Scientific Reports 3: 1624.
8. Carlos C, Alexandrino F, Stoppe NC, Sato MIZ, Ottoboni LMM. (2012). Use of Escherichia coli BOX-PCR fingerprints to identify sources of fecal contamination of water bodies in the State of São Paulo, Brazil. Journal of Environmental Management 93: 38-43.
9. Carlos C, Alexandrino F, Vieira MAM, Stoppe NC, Sato MIZ, Gomes TAT, Ottoboni LMM. (2011). Prevalence of virulence factors isolated from healthy animals and water sources in Brazil. Journal of Water and Health 9: 138.
10. Carlos C, Pires MM, Stope NC, Hachich EM, Sato MIZ, Gomes TAT, Amaral LA, Ottoboni LMM. (2010). Escherichia coli phylogenetic group determination and its application in the identification of the major animal source of fecal contamination. BMC Microbiology 10: 161.
Please see faculty member’s CV or website for additional information.