Skip to Content

Non-Thesis Degree

Non-thesis Students

Students pursuing a non-thesis degree are required to have a major professor by the end of their first long term of enrollment in the graduate program. The major professor will normally be a faculty member specializing in an area of particular interest to the student and is often the individual who supervises the required independent study project. Prior to the final term of enrollment the non-thesis student must, in consultation with the major professor, select a committee that will administer the final comprehensive examination. A “Master’s Non-Thesis Committee form” can be downloaded from the Department of Biology's website and must be approved by the chair of the department’s graduate committee and the department chair.

Expand or Collapse all.